NOTA! Questo sito utilizza "Cookie strettamente necessari" e "Cookie di Google Analytics".

Se non si modificano le impostazioni del browser, l'utente accetta. Per saperne di piu'

Approvo

Cookies

I "cookies" sono delle informazioni che vengono trasferite sull'hard disk del computer dell'utente da un sito web.
Non si tratta di programmi, ma di piccoli file di testo che consentono ai siti web di memorizzare le informazioni sulla navigazione effettuata dall'utente e di rendere tali informazioni accessibili nel corso della navigazione sul web ad opera di altri siti che utilizzino questo strumenti.
La maggior parte dei siti web utilizza i cookie poiché fanno parte degli strumenti in grado di migliorare l'esperienza di navigazione degli utenti. I cookie permettono ai siti web di offrire servizi personalizzati (per esempio, ricordare un accesso, conservare i prodotti nel carrello o mostrare contenuti importanti).
Ci sono diversi tipi di cookie: i cookie temporanei (o cookie di sessione) che si cancellano automaticamente con la chiusura del browser e i cookie permanenti che non vengono cancellati ma restano finché non vengono appositamente cancellati o fino alla data di scadenza definita dal sito stesso.
La maggior parte dei browser accetta i cookie automaticamente; l'utente, tuttavia, può disattivare i cookie dal proprio browser, ma in tal caso occorre ricordare che si potrebbero perdere molte funzioni necessarie per un corretto funzionamento del sito web.
Quanto ai cookies in concreto utilizzati in questo sito, essi sono limitati a quelli normalmente definiti come "Cookie strettamente necessari", in quanto essenziali per la navigazione dell'utente nel sito web e per l'utilizzo delle sue funzionalità come l'accesso ad aree protette del sito e senza i quali i servizi richiesti dall'utente, come fare un acquisto, non possono essere forniti, ed a quelli noti come Targeting Cookie o Cookie di pubblicità, che, diversamente dai primi, vengono utilizzati per inviare annunci mirati all'utente in base ai suoi interessi. Sono anche utilizzati per limitare il numero di volte in cui l'utente visualizza una pubblicità e per valutare l'efficacia della campagna pubblicitaria. I cookie memorizzano il sito web visitato dall'utente e tale informazione viene condivisa con terze parti quali gli inserzionisti.
I browser più comunemente in uso consentono comunque la disabilitazione anche di questo genere di cookies.
Per la disattivazione dei cookie è possibile consultando la guida del proprio browser.
Per maggiori informazioni su Google Analytics puoi consultare: https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/types/

Indians Manager Francona Doesnt Know Whe

1 Anno 4 Mesi fa #210464 da lovelystyle
Like most people during the covid-19 lockdown, Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona been doing what most people acro s the country have the past few weeks.Im kind of bored. Ive taken up walking, which I never thought I would, Francona said Thursday.Ive watched Netflix until I cant watch it anymore. Weve had a lot of Zoom calls, organizationally, with Chris (Antonetti) and (Mike) Cherny (Chernoff), so weve tried to at least take advantage of the downtime that we would never have ordinarily and get groups together where we can talk.Major League Baseball remains on hold for the 2020 season while the country for basically the most part stays in lockdown.It is a very different way of living for Francona along with the organization as a whole, who as of Thursday would have played their 20 game, an afternoon 1:10pm first pitch at Progre sive Field against the Detroit Tigers.Instead, its been mostly meetings as well as keeping track of players who at one point or another may have been on the shelf were injured. Having a few extra weeks to recover maybe the only Tampa Bay Rays Jersey benefit the team has for those players that were slated to mi s the first few weeks of the season.Everybodys doing pretty well, Francona said of the injured players. (Carlos) Carrascos been throwing bullpens and he always sends us video right after. I think its a good thing he wasnt supposed to throw today. It looks like its pretty white out there. Hes been doing fine. (Mike) Clevs (Clevinger) doing great. (Tyler) Naquins doing great. And (Oscar) Mercado, hes fine. There are a lot of teams that were in similar situations to us, where if the season started on time, they wouldnt have guys. But now, whenever it starts, youll have your guys back.The current plan to start the 2020 campaign is still very much Joey Wendle Jersey in flux. No one seems to know where or when it will start, though it seems the latest and most plausible proposal has the season being played in spring training sites in Arizona and Florida.Its a proposal that was and it seems to make the most sense to have a shortened 108 game season. I think if were going to be able to play baseball, everybody is going to have to be a little bit willing to make adjustments, Francona said. If we think were just going to roll out a normal baseball season, I think were probably all kidding ourselves. Scroll to ContinueI think MLB has done a really good job of explaining, Hey, if and when we play, itll be appropriate to play. Were not going to take away from other people, and certainly the safety of our players and their families comes into play. If you see us playing, Im pretty confident that were in a pretty good place, as far as our whole country. Were going to have to be willing to make some whether conce sions or be flexible, because its just not realistic that were going to start playing in Cleveland right away. Its just not going to happen.The proposal that the USA Today piece laid out had the Indians playing in the Cactus League West in Arizona along with the Cincinnati Reds, Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Angels and Los Angeles Dodgers.Whatever Major League Baseball decides to do, its going to be something that likely is going to take getting use to not only for fans, but for the players, managers and teams in general as well.The hypotheticals are kind of hard to answer. I mean nobody knows the roster size, when were gonna start, Francona said. I know this is shocking, but I think youre putting the cart a little ahead of the horse. Again, well do whatever were supposed to do. Like always, the teams that handle adversity usually put themselves in a better chance to win than the other teams. Thats part of why I like our guys so much because I think theyre willing to handle adversity. This would just be another area of that.While many think that those higher up in baseball like managers may have a little more insight as to what is going on and when the season may start, it sounds like Francona is just like everyone else, waiting and seeing what will come next.One thing Francona doesnt care about is the idea of playing the 2020 World Series at neutral sites maybe as late as December.The manager said Thursday that if the Tribe is playing in whats been referred to in the past as the Fall Cla sic, he doesnt care where or when they take the field. If we were playing a World Series, I would go anywhere. If somebody would tell me now, Hey, youre gonna play in the World Series, Ill go anywhere, Francona said.Again, youre asking hypotheticals that things that get out in the media, MLB is throwing out ideas and some of them become public. That doesnt mean its gonna happen. As I Blank Jersey said earlier, I think as baseball people this year, we need to be flexible in doing whatever is in baseballs best interest. And I dont know what that is. Im glad there are people that are smarter than me that are making those decisions.

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Accedi

or

Facebook