NOTA! Questo sito utilizza "Cookie strettamente necessari" e "Cookie di Google Analytics".

Se non si modificano le impostazioni del browser, l'utente accetta. Per saperne di piu'

Approvo

Cookies

I "cookies" sono delle informazioni che vengono trasferite sull'hard disk del computer dell'utente da un sito web.
Non si tratta di programmi, ma di piccoli file di testo che consentono ai siti web di memorizzare le informazioni sulla navigazione effettuata dall'utente e di rendere tali informazioni accessibili nel corso della navigazione sul web ad opera di altri siti che utilizzino questo strumenti.
La maggior parte dei siti web utilizza i cookie poiché fanno parte degli strumenti in grado di migliorare l'esperienza di navigazione degli utenti. I cookie permettono ai siti web di offrire servizi personalizzati (per esempio, ricordare un accesso, conservare i prodotti nel carrello o mostrare contenuti importanti).
Ci sono diversi tipi di cookie: i cookie temporanei (o cookie di sessione) che si cancellano automaticamente con la chiusura del browser e i cookie permanenti che non vengono cancellati ma restano finché non vengono appositamente cancellati o fino alla data di scadenza definita dal sito stesso.
La maggior parte dei browser accetta i cookie automaticamente; l'utente, tuttavia, può disattivare i cookie dal proprio browser, ma in tal caso occorre ricordare che si potrebbero perdere molte funzioni necessarie per un corretto funzionamento del sito web.
Quanto ai cookies in concreto utilizzati in questo sito, essi sono limitati a quelli normalmente definiti come "Cookie strettamente necessari", in quanto essenziali per la navigazione dell'utente nel sito web e per l'utilizzo delle sue funzionalità come l'accesso ad aree protette del sito e senza i quali i servizi richiesti dall'utente, come fare un acquisto, non possono essere forniti, ed a quelli noti come Targeting Cookie o Cookie di pubblicità, che, diversamente dai primi, vengono utilizzati per inviare annunci mirati all'utente in base ai suoi interessi. Sono anche utilizzati per limitare il numero di volte in cui l'utente visualizza una pubblicità e per valutare l'efficacia della campagna pubblicitaria. I cookie memorizzano il sito web visitato dall'utente e tale informazione viene condivisa con terze parti quali gli inserzionisti.
I browser più comunemente in uso consentono comunque la disabilitazione anche di questo genere di cookies.
Per la disattivazione dei cookie è possibile consultando la guida del proprio browser.
Per maggiori informazioni su Google Analytics puoi consultare: https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/types/

Mets Drop 4th Straight Fall To .500 Afte

1 Anno 4 Mesi fa #210440 da lovelystyle
Following a late finish to their Sunday Night Baseball matchup with the Dodgers, the Mets landed in San Francisco in the early hours on Monday morning.And later that evening, the Mets had a short-lived comeback that saw their bullpen give the lead back to the Giants, who ultimately captured a 7-5 victory in the series opener.While the offense was able to score five runs, the bullpen gave up five runs, highlighted by Trevor May's rough seventh inning, which led to the Mets' fourth straight lo s to drop to .500 for the first time since May 6 at 59-59.They've now lost the first four games of their brutal 13-game stretch against the Dodgers and Giants, and are 12-19 since the All-Star break and 3.5 games back in the NL East."We just gotta go and play our game," said manager Luis Rojas about his team now being in danger of dropping below .500. "We can't do more than that. Just prepare like we Chipper Jones Jersey normally prepare. We can't worry about anything we can't control or standings wise.""Overall, I thought the guys swung the bats better than we have in the past four days so we need to carry it over," said Rojas."We were better overall in the approach. We did mi s a couple spots with runners in scoring position."Mets third baseman J.D. Davis echoed what his manager said as well."We don't really think about our record," said Davis. "We are more into winning ball games. That's the biggest thing, trying to get back into things and get it to snowball on the winning side. But I'll give you this: it is absolutely important and I've always preached how important it is to win a series."Starting pitcher Rich Hill, who arrived in San Francisco ahead of the team, retired the first five batters he faced with two strikeouts acro s three scorele s innings to begin his night.But in the top of the fourth, the Giants' offense got to Hill, as Buster Posey drove a double into the gap in left center, before Darin Ruff knocked him in with an RBI single for the first run of the night.Old friend Wilmer Flores recorded the Giants' fifth straight hit in the inning to extend the lead to 2-0 off Hill. The left-hander's day was done after just 3.2 innings in what was another disappointing outing since joining the Mets (5.10 ERA acro s four starts). Miguel Castro came on with two-outs to bail Hill out of the inning by inducing a line out.Scroll to ContinueAfter the Giants went up 2-0, the Mets answered back Jackie Robinson Jersey in the top of the fifth with three runs of their own against ace Kevin Gausman, who did not have his best stuff in this outing.With runners on first-and-second and nobody out, Pete Alonso snapped the team's 0-for-28 hitle s streak with runners in scoring position by sending a two-run triple into the gap in right center field to tie the game.Not only was this Alonso's first triple of the season, but it was the Mets' first triple in 68 games.But that's not all, Dom Smith came through with a go-ahead sacrifice-fly to give the Mets a 3-2 lead.Unfortunately for the Mets, the Giants struck back again in the bottom of the fifth when Kris Bryant blasted a two-run shot to straight away center off Miguel Castro to put his team back ahead at Bobby Cox Jersey 4-3.And this was a lead the Giants would not relinquish as they jumped on Trevor May in the bottom of the seventhon back-to-back homers from Brandon Belt and Kris Bryant (second of the night), along with an RBI double to Brandon Crawford, which saw them go up 7-3."It's bitter sweet. We know what we are capable of and are confident," said Davis. "And we are right there, we are in these games and it's just that one hit that puts us over the top. We thought we got it today with Pete (Alonso).""We had some mi sed opportunities in this game. I thought we played a solid game, but we came up short."With Gausman out of the game after five, the Mets got the first two runners on in the top of the sixth against the Giants' bullpen. However, the next three batters failed to reach base, which wasted a prime opportunity to tie things up.In the top of the eighth, Jonathan Villar got the Mets closer with a two-run shot, cutting the deficit to 7-5. But this proved to not be enough.Trailing by two-runs in the top of the ninth, Giants closer Jake McGee came on and slammed the door shut by setting the Mets down 1-2-3 to seal their fate.

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Accedi

or

Facebook