NOTA! Questo sito utilizza "Cookie strettamente necessari" e "Cookie di Google Analytics".

Se non si modificano le impostazioni del browser, l'utente accetta. Per saperne di piu'

Approvo

Cookies

I "cookies" sono delle informazioni che vengono trasferite sull'hard disk del computer dell'utente da un sito web.
Non si tratta di programmi, ma di piccoli file di testo che consentono ai siti web di memorizzare le informazioni sulla navigazione effettuata dall'utente e di rendere tali informazioni accessibili nel corso della navigazione sul web ad opera di altri siti che utilizzino questo strumenti.
La maggior parte dei siti web utilizza i cookie poiché fanno parte degli strumenti in grado di migliorare l'esperienza di navigazione degli utenti. I cookie permettono ai siti web di offrire servizi personalizzati (per esempio, ricordare un accesso, conservare i prodotti nel carrello o mostrare contenuti importanti).
Ci sono diversi tipi di cookie: i cookie temporanei (o cookie di sessione) che si cancellano automaticamente con la chiusura del browser e i cookie permanenti che non vengono cancellati ma restano finché non vengono appositamente cancellati o fino alla data di scadenza definita dal sito stesso.
La maggior parte dei browser accetta i cookie automaticamente; l'utente, tuttavia, può disattivare i cookie dal proprio browser, ma in tal caso occorre ricordare che si potrebbero perdere molte funzioni necessarie per un corretto funzionamento del sito web.
Quanto ai cookies in concreto utilizzati in questo sito, essi sono limitati a quelli normalmente definiti come "Cookie strettamente necessari", in quanto essenziali per la navigazione dell'utente nel sito web e per l'utilizzo delle sue funzionalità come l'accesso ad aree protette del sito e senza i quali i servizi richiesti dall'utente, come fare un acquisto, non possono essere forniti, ed a quelli noti come Targeting Cookie o Cookie di pubblicità, che, diversamente dai primi, vengono utilizzati per inviare annunci mirati all'utente in base ai suoi interessi. Sono anche utilizzati per limitare il numero di volte in cui l'utente visualizza una pubblicità e per valutare l'efficacia della campagna pubblicitaria. I cookie memorizzano il sito web visitato dall'utente e tale informazione viene condivisa con terze parti quali gli inserzionisti.
I browser più comunemente in uso consentono comunque la disabilitazione anche di questo genere di cookies.
Per la disattivazione dei cookie è possibile consultando la guida del proprio browser.
Per maggiori informazioni su Google Analytics puoi consultare: https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/types/

Chicago Cubs Sean Newcomb Looks Toward B

1 Anno 4 Mesi fa #210432 da lovelystyle
Sean Newcombs 2-2 curveball didnt break, and suddenly the mound at Yankee Stadium was the loneliest place in the world.It had seemed like this would be the perfect time to make his first Major League appearance in over a month. Bottom of the seventh. A non-leverage situation. The Cubs trailing 12-4. A team simply looking for outs James Norwood Jersey as they limp towards another lo s on this June night in the Bronx.Wellit like the perfect time. As Isiah Kiner-Falefa rocketed his 39th pitch of the inning through the left-hand side of the infield, the veteran watched as the fifth New York Yankee of the inning cro sed home plate.His big league homecoming was officially a nightmare.Ten batters. Six hits. Five earned runs. An 11.57 ERA.Once a top-three starter within the Atlanta Braves' rotation at age 29, Newcomb is looking to repurpose himself. And this time, its out of the bullpen. The career 25-game winner made his MLB debut strictly as a starter in 2017. It wasnt until the 2018 season, alongside Braves starters Mike Foltynewicz and Julio Tehran, that the left-hander began to gain notoriety. The 2018 season saw career highs in games started (30), wins (12), innings pitched (164) and strikeouts (160) while carrying a solid 3.90 ERA, which fell within the top 20 of pitchers in the National League.A large part of his succe s was because of his wicked four-seam fastball, which ranked as the seventh-best in baseball that year via its value.Since that 2018 season though, the Brockton, Ma sachusetts native has never been able to find that version of his pitching self. Scroll to ContinueAfter an average 2019 season coming out of the Atlanta bullpen, the 2020-shortened season saw abysmal figures acro s just four starts, including a shocking 2.63 HR/9 and .328 batting average against. As he struggled for most of his time in the Majors in 2021, it was becoming evident that his once Victor Caratini Jersey elite fastball was deteriorating; the batting average against rose to .308 (.226 in 2018) while the whiff percentage elapsed to 19.7% (22.1% in 2018). Ironically, the velocity of his fastball though climbed, perhaps signaling he might have been trying to alter the pitch (93 mph in 2018, 95.6 mph in 2021).Back at Yankee Stadium, the score was now 17-4. Newcomb stuck out Marwin Gonzalez to finally end the seventh-inning shelling, but inching closer to the inevitable: being designated for a signment by his second club in two months. Newcomb found himself back with the Triple-A Iowa Cubs one week later after going unclaimed on waivers. Just a few months prior he was here rehabbing an ankle sprain, now he was back for a totally different reason: fighting for a big league roster spot. He began his journey back with a scorele s outing for Iowa on June 29. With some tweaks to his fastball usage, and introducing a cutter into his pitch mix, Newcomb began a stretch of finding pitching efficiency that could warrant a spot in Chicagos bullpen. After delivering a 1.96 ERA acro s seven appearances (18 1/3 innings)with 25 strikeouts and allowing just four earned runs in the month of July for Iowa. On Aug. 4, he was recalled to the Majors.For a Chicago team that sure could use the relief pitching help, Newcomb has delivered a solid option for manager David Ro s.Since rejoining the team, he has carried a 3.38 ERA acro s five appearances (eight innings) in August, including a three-consecutive scorele s outing stretch for the first time since September of last year. As Newcomb prepares to head into the offseason as a free agent, his new role reconfiguration could Brad Wieck Jersey mean that his career trajectory, although once in question, remains in the big leagues as a resourceful reliever.More From SI's Inside The Cubs

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Accedi

or

Facebook