NOTA! Questo sito utilizza "Cookie strettamente necessari" e "Cookie di Google Analytics".

Se non si modificano le impostazioni del browser, l'utente accetta. Per saperne di piu'

Approvo

Cookies

I "cookies" sono delle informazioni che vengono trasferite sull'hard disk del computer dell'utente da un sito web.
Non si tratta di programmi, ma di piccoli file di testo che consentono ai siti web di memorizzare le informazioni sulla navigazione effettuata dall'utente e di rendere tali informazioni accessibili nel corso della navigazione sul web ad opera di altri siti che utilizzino questo strumenti.
La maggior parte dei siti web utilizza i cookie poiché fanno parte degli strumenti in grado di migliorare l'esperienza di navigazione degli utenti. I cookie permettono ai siti web di offrire servizi personalizzati (per esempio, ricordare un accesso, conservare i prodotti nel carrello o mostrare contenuti importanti).
Ci sono diversi tipi di cookie: i cookie temporanei (o cookie di sessione) che si cancellano automaticamente con la chiusura del browser e i cookie permanenti che non vengono cancellati ma restano finché non vengono appositamente cancellati o fino alla data di scadenza definita dal sito stesso.
La maggior parte dei browser accetta i cookie automaticamente; l'utente, tuttavia, può disattivare i cookie dal proprio browser, ma in tal caso occorre ricordare che si potrebbero perdere molte funzioni necessarie per un corretto funzionamento del sito web.
Quanto ai cookies in concreto utilizzati in questo sito, essi sono limitati a quelli normalmente definiti come "Cookie strettamente necessari", in quanto essenziali per la navigazione dell'utente nel sito web e per l'utilizzo delle sue funzionalità come l'accesso ad aree protette del sito e senza i quali i servizi richiesti dall'utente, come fare un acquisto, non possono essere forniti, ed a quelli noti come Targeting Cookie o Cookie di pubblicità, che, diversamente dai primi, vengono utilizzati per inviare annunci mirati all'utente in base ai suoi interessi. Sono anche utilizzati per limitare il numero di volte in cui l'utente visualizza una pubblicità e per valutare l'efficacia della campagna pubblicitaria. I cookie memorizzano il sito web visitato dall'utente e tale informazione viene condivisa con terze parti quali gli inserzionisti.
I browser più comunemente in uso consentono comunque la disabilitazione anche di questo genere di cookies.
Per la disattivazione dei cookie è possibile consultando la guida del proprio browser.
Per maggiori informazioni su Google Analytics puoi consultare: https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/types/

James Paxton Expects to Return Before Po

1 Anno 4 Mesi fa #210397 da lovelystyle
NEW YORK When James Paxton came out for his warmup pitches prior to the fifth inning on Thursday, the left-hander began to feel some discomfort in his left forearm.Considering he was working on a no-hitter at the timeone that was broken up just a few batters laterPaxton told himself he could work out the tightne s as the inning progre sed. As he came off the mound three outs later, however, he knew for certain that something was wrong.The next day, after being sent for an MRI, Paxton was . While no injury is good news, the left-hander said Saturday that he feels "lucky" considering the ligament in his elbow isn't damaged in any way."Considering the circumstances, I got very lucky with the injury I do have," Paxton said. "I was glad it wasnt anything to do with the UCL. The UCL is good to go, its perfectly healthy, so thats great news. So this should be a short term thing."Already this year, New York has lost right Los Angeles Clippers Jersey -handers Luis Severino and Tommy Kahnle to season-ending Tommy John surgery. In both of those cases, surgery was a conclusion drawn from initial signs of forearm discomfort.Yankees' manager Aaron Boone shared a similar sentiment to his No. 2 starter. This club is fortunate Paxton didn't join those two names on the 60-day injured list."You get a little nervous and the ligament was good," Boone said. "Just the relief that the ligament is intact."The skipper went on to reveal that Paxton won't pick up a baseball for 14 days. That way the 31-year-old can rest his arm before he begins building it back up to where he can pitch again.As for when Paxton expects to return to the rotation, the left-hander was confident Landry Shamet Jersey that he'll be back on the mound in a Yankees uniform before this summer's shortened campaign comes to an end."Thats my goal is to make it back before the end of the season and hopefully get a couple of starts in before the postseason begins," Paxton explained.Scroll to ContinueAfter two , the left-handed had settled into a groove in August. Over his last three outings, Paxton has posted a 4.96 ERA through 16 1/3 innings pitched, allowing exactly three earned runs in each start. Factor in an two weekends ago and the southpaw has punched out 21 batters in that span.There have been concerns regarding a decrease in Paxton's fastball velocity through his first five starts and whether or not the left-hander has been able to build up his arm strength after lower back surgery this offseason. The source of this injury in his forearm, however, is believed to be a result of something else."I think it was just the fact of me throwing so many changeups and Im not used to throwing so many changeups," he explained. "I think it's something where I need to build up that changeup number in-game. I think Im used to throwing seven or eight. I think I need to throw 12 and then 15 instead of jumping from throwing eight a game to a lot more."Acro s 29 starts last year, Paxton threw a grand total of 32 changeups, good for 1.2 percent of the 2,500-plus pitches he threw over the course of the entire season. In five starts this season, Paxton has already thrown 45 changeups, according to Statcast, which equates to 12.6 percent of the time.Another factor, Paul George Jersey Paxton explained, was the length of Spring Training and challenges presented by MLB's coronavirus-induced delay."We didnt get enough time going at a lower speed to build up and now youre seeing a few weeks into the season guys are not fresh anymore," he said. "The tiredne s is building up, we dont have that base that we normally have."Paxton is by no means the only key contributor on the Yankees' injured list as the club approaches the halfway point of this summer's campaign. Nine other players are presently on the shelf with injuries as New York waits to resume play following the Considering only 35 games remain on the Yankees' schedule, there isn't too much time for this hobbled roster to recuperate. Nonethele s, Paxton believes he and his teammates have what it takes to not only make it through the rest of the regular season, but to make some noise in October as well."It is a short window, theres not a lot of season left," he said. "That being said, there is some time, and I think that Ill be able to be back before the end of the 35 games and I think a few of our guys will be back before the end of that time and well be ready to compete and take on the postseason."

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Accedi

or

Facebook