NOTA! Questo sito utilizza "Cookie strettamente necessari" e "Cookie di Google Analytics".

Se non si modificano le impostazioni del browser, l'utente accetta. Per saperne di piu'

Approvo

Cookies

I "cookies" sono delle informazioni che vengono trasferite sull'hard disk del computer dell'utente da un sito web.
Non si tratta di programmi, ma di piccoli file di testo che consentono ai siti web di memorizzare le informazioni sulla navigazione effettuata dall'utente e di rendere tali informazioni accessibili nel corso della navigazione sul web ad opera di altri siti che utilizzino questo strumenti.
La maggior parte dei siti web utilizza i cookie poiché fanno parte degli strumenti in grado di migliorare l'esperienza di navigazione degli utenti. I cookie permettono ai siti web di offrire servizi personalizzati (per esempio, ricordare un accesso, conservare i prodotti nel carrello o mostrare contenuti importanti).
Ci sono diversi tipi di cookie: i cookie temporanei (o cookie di sessione) che si cancellano automaticamente con la chiusura del browser e i cookie permanenti che non vengono cancellati ma restano finché non vengono appositamente cancellati o fino alla data di scadenza definita dal sito stesso.
La maggior parte dei browser accetta i cookie automaticamente; l'utente, tuttavia, può disattivare i cookie dal proprio browser, ma in tal caso occorre ricordare che si potrebbero perdere molte funzioni necessarie per un corretto funzionamento del sito web.
Quanto ai cookies in concreto utilizzati in questo sito, essi sono limitati a quelli normalmente definiti come "Cookie strettamente necessari", in quanto essenziali per la navigazione dell'utente nel sito web e per l'utilizzo delle sue funzionalità come l'accesso ad aree protette del sito e senza i quali i servizi richiesti dall'utente, come fare un acquisto, non possono essere forniti, ed a quelli noti come Targeting Cookie o Cookie di pubblicità, che, diversamente dai primi, vengono utilizzati per inviare annunci mirati all'utente in base ai suoi interessi. Sono anche utilizzati per limitare il numero di volte in cui l'utente visualizza una pubblicità e per valutare l'efficacia della campagna pubblicitaria. I cookie memorizzano il sito web visitato dall'utente e tale informazione viene condivisa con terze parti quali gli inserzionisti.
I browser più comunemente in uso consentono comunque la disabilitazione anche di questo genere di cookies.
Per la disattivazione dei cookie è possibile consultando la guida del proprio browser.
Per maggiori informazioni su Google Analytics puoi consultare: https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/types/

Inside the Phillies Mailbag Thanksgiving

1 Anno 4 Mesi fa #210389 da lovelystyle
Happy Thanksgiving fans! Welcome to the Thanksgiving Day edition of our mailbag.Before we get started, I just wanted to say "thank you!" Thank you for reading, thank you for your support, and thank you for making us one of the places you stop to get your Phillies news and commentary. I, Kade Kistner, and the rest of our staff here at Inside the Phillies truly appreciate it!As promised, unle s it was inappropriate for public consumption, we would answer any questions you had. Alright, let's get into it!I can understand the frustration from fans in Bryce Harper having not been evaluated sooner or the surgery not taking place closer to the end of the postseason. But the reality is that this was always the plan.Harper took a quick breather following the very long season and then flew out to Los Angeles to get his elbow evaluated and then undergo surgery a week later. This was the timeline that he, the team's medical staff, and Dr.Neal ElAttrache had plotted out.Surgery was always the likely outcome and they executed on the timetable that they felt was appropriate.I would like to say Zach Eflin, but there are two reasons why this likely won't happen, and they are intertwined. The first is that Eflin's injury history is likely keeping teams, or at least the Phillies, wary of signing him as a starter. If you pay him starter money and he goes down with his nagging knee injury, then that is payroll that could have been allocated elsewhere.However, Eflin views himself as a starter so bringing him back as a relief-type guy likely won't cut it. I'm not saying that he won't return, but at this time it seems unlikely.With that being said, you'd have to go with Noah Syndergaard. One would imagine that another year removed from Tommy John surgery likely means a bump in production in terms of pure stuff and workload.Philadelphia will need to replace 445 innings from pitchers who have now hit the free agent market. Perhaps Syndergaard is a good start.These questions go along with the one above. I don't see it as out of the realm of po sibility that a reunion with the Phillies Ebuka Izundu Jersey and Syndergaard takes place. It will just depend on years and dollars.Of the free agent pitchers available, I think the best fit is CarlosRodn, but as I have said many times, I don't think the Phillies play in the deep end of the starting pitching market. They already have Aaron Nola, Zack Wheeler, and RangerSurez, so adding another top-of-the-rotation guy doesn't make much sense in my eyes.So for "most likely" I am going withJos Quintana. At 34 years old, Quintana won't command the type of contract in terms of years and dollars as some others will, but he will still give Philadelphia meaningful innings.In 2022, Quintana pitched 165.2 innings to the tune of a 2.93 ERA that was bolstered by a strong second half. Getting him on a short deal would also not prohibit prospects like Andrew Painter, Griff McGarry, or Mick Abel from making their way into the rotation in the near future.As far as other targets go, you can never count out President of Baseball Operations Dave Dombrowski making a huge splash, but like I said, I just don't see it this year on the pitching side of the house.Familiar names like David Robertson, Kyle Gibson, and even Matt Moore who rediscovered himself with the Texas Rangers make sense.As for the relief side, Philadelphia will likely sign a few arms that could help in the back of the bullpen. Kenley Jansen, Craig Kimbrel, and Will Smith are all Michael Irvin Jersey names that have experience and could be a good fit.Finally, shortstop questions!Here is how I rank the shortstops:1a.) Carlos Correa1b.) Trea Turner3.) Xander BogaertsScroll to Continue4.) Dansby SwansonI will put this out there: I don't think Swanson is the answer for the Phillies, nor do I think they should pursue a guy who has a career 94 OPS+ (average is 100).Bogaerts has a previous relationship with Dombrowski, but unle s that translates to some type of discount, then I don't see him being the best fit.Therefore, Correa and Turner are the guys who make the most sense. Both play excellent defense, with Correa winning the 2021 Platinum Glove at the position. Both swing a great bat, but Correa has a bit more pop, while Turner finds a bit more consistency.The main difference between the two is that Correa is a middle-of-the-order bat, while Turner is profiled as the prototypical leadoff hitter. If I am the Phillies, with all things even, I am going and grabbing my leadoff guy who can steal 20-plus bags a year, dropping Schwarber down to the middle with Harper out, and calling it a day.I think we see a lot of what we saw in 2022. Nick Castellanos will get the lion's share of reps in right field and a guy like Darick Hall will get the opportunity to DH against right-handed pitching.It wouldn't surprise me to see the Phillies pursue somebody like Michael Conforto, Corey Dickerson (again), or even Michael Brantley, whom the still very much like, but his timeline for return from his shoulder injury is murky.Don't worry, .This is a fun question. To start, yes, there is a limit to spending. Dombrowski mentioned in his end-of-season pre s conference that there was no player that he wouldn't be able to at least entertain signing. That being said, he also stre sed the importance of financial responsibility for future succe s.I think one of the top-tier shortstops, coupled with a middle-tier starter and a Frank Gore Jersey back-end bullpen piece is a po sibility.All that being said, Philadelphia will not sign Turner, Judge, and deGrom this winter.But, say Trea Turner, Kenley Jansen, and one ofChris Ba sitt, Jameson Taillon, Sean Manaea, Taijuan Walker or Quintana?Now that is within the realm of po sibility.I think you have to a sume Philadelphia is at least kicking the tires on the former 2019 NL MVP. Bellinger is looking for a one-year deal, which lines up pretty well with Harper's timeline of return to right field.If Bellinger returns to anything that resembles his 2019 form then the Phillies are one of the most formidable clubs in MLB. If not, it was just a one-year deal anyways and you cut your lo ses.But, you have to a sume other contenders who need outfield help are thinking this way as well.Not that I have heard of yet. But, if there are any new improvements in the future we will have an article on it!Garrett Stubbs would be mashed potatoes. You can't have Thanksgiving dinner without them and you can't have the atmosphere the Phillies' clubhouse has without Stubbs. It brings it all together!Plus, he is secretly everyone's favorite.With that, thank you for reading, and the entire team here at Inside the Phillies wishes you and yours a happy Thanksgiving!More From SI's Inside The Phillies:

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Accedi

or

Facebook